Leading Your Organization
As the new President or officer for your organization, there are a few steps to complete as you transition into your role:
- Update your organization's portal on Connect. Make sure to:
- Update your roster of members/officers/advisors
- Assign permissions to additional officers
- Renew your portal (if your role starts in the fall semester)
- Review constitution and bylaws to ensure they are current
- Register your organization to complete the state mandated risk-management training. You can find information on the training and how to register here.
Review the Baylor Student Organizations Policies and Procedures Guide . Make sure to look through the sections on:
- organizational events
- advisor requirements
- student organization structure
- If your role starts in the fall semester, register your organization for Late Night.
- Set up a meeting with your organization’s faculty/staff advisor to discuss the upcoming term in which you will be serving.
Reach out to Student Activities staff with any questions you may have during your onboarding process. We are here to help!