Every student organization is expected to have an up-to-date constitution and/or by-laws on file at the Department of Student Activities and to operate within their constitution and by-laws. These documents are required to contain:
- Name of organization (and any national affiliation)
- Concise statement of purpose, goals, direction, etc.
- Clear definition of membership requirements including minimum current GPA of 2.0 and cumulative GPA of 2.33 (see Academic Eligibility under Organization Management and Structure section)
- List of officers, their duties, and requirements
- Meetings and quorums to conduct business
- Process for the assessment of dues and other finances
- Amendments to the constitution
- Judicial Process
To submit constitution amendments for review, the student organization should submit the following items to Student Activities through email to SIS@baylor.edu
- A revised copy of constitution
- A bulleted list highlighting the revisions made from the previous constitution.
Student Activities will review these documents and provide a confirmation decision to the organization via email.