2022 - 2023 New Policy Updates
A number of policy revisions were implemented for the 2022 - 2023 academic year. These revisions are reflected online in the Student Organization Policies and Procedures Guide.
Policy Revisions that are in place for the spring 2023 semester include the following:
- Baylor University prohibits hazing through a policy approach that is inclusive of, and extends beyond, the standards set forth in the Texas Education Code. The specific definition of hazing and specific examples provided align with the Texas Education Code and are intended to provide clarity. Information is available for reference via the 'Hazing Policy' webpage.
Policy Revisions that are in place for the fall 2022 semester include the following:
STUDENT ORGANIZATION ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION IN NEW MEMBER EDUCATION
- First-year students are required to earn a minimum of 12 hours of academic credit during one semester in residence at Baylor University. This policy language is more clear than the previous language.
- External affiliates may attend initiation ceremonies if they have completed the appropriate training as required by the Department of Student Activities.
- Student organizations may now register their solicitation activity within their student organization event submission. Additionally, the Student Organization Solicitation Resource serves as a reference of examples of solicitation methods that are generally approved for student organization use.
- The updated policy specifically defines and prohibits raffles. This policy language is more clear than the previous language.