Christmas on 5th Street
Sweater weather, hot chocolate, roaring fires, snowfall (sometimes, at least). Christmas season is unquestionably the most wonderful time of the year — and at Baylor, the most wonderful time of the year officially begins with Christmas on 5th Street.
A trail of lights begins on 5th Street and continues throughout campus. Horse-drawn carriages trot past activities like a snow zone, Christmas marketplace, and local food trucks.
Outside the Bill Daniel Student Center, features a Christmas market with dozens of local vendors and a live nativity with Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, live camels and donkeys. Inside the SUB are make & take activities for kids, lots of picture-perfect photo moments, and of course, Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, November 30, 2023 for Christmas on 5th 2023!
Did you take a photo with Santa & Mrs. Claus in Barfield Drawing Room? Photos can be downloaded HERE.
Seventh and James Baptist Church (3:30pm & 5:00pm)
- Advent Service
Bear Habitat (5:00pm-8:00pm)
- Make & Take Activation
Bill Daniel Student Center Inside (5:00pm-10:00pm)
- $1 Jingle Bowl in the Baylor Gameroom
- Compassion International Giving Opportunities, 1st Floor CUB Lounge
- Why We Kiss Under the Mistletoe: Christmas Traditions Explained by Michael Foley Book Release, 1st Floor SUB Den @ 5:00pm
- President's Christmas Tree, 2nd Floor
- Photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus with Nutcracker Performances, 2nd Floor
- Letters to Santa, 2nd Floor
- Family Photos, 2nd Floor
Bill Daniel Student Center Outside (5:00pm-9:00pm)
- Live Nativity
SUB Bowl (5:00pm-8:00pm)
- Baylor Religious Hour Performance @ 5:15pm
- Modern Foreign Languages & Cultures Performance @ 6:15pm
- Piper Children's Performance @ 7:15pm
Vara Martin Plaza (4:00pm-8:00pm)
- CO5 Marketplace with local vendors
- Columbus Avenue Baptist Choir Handbell Choir
Fountain Mall (5:00pm-10:00pm)
- Petting Zoo
- Christmas Tree Farm
- Snow Zone
- Make & Take Activations
- Light Tunnel
- Giveaways from American Campus Communities, Andy’s, Baylor Scott & White Health, City of Woodway, Kendra Scott, HTeaO, Kona Ice, Raising Cane’s, and Slim Chickens
- Christmas Movies
- Food Trucks
- And More!
5th Street (4:00pm-7:30pm)
- Carriage Rides
The Quadrangle (8:00pm-9:30pm)
KOT Christmas Tree Lighting & Concert featuring Chris Renzema
Does it cost anything to attend Christmas on 5th?
- Admission and activities are FREE!
Will there be food available for purchase?
- Yes! Food will be available for purchase in the Bill Daniel Student Center and Fountain Mall.
Can you tell me more about Visitor Parking?
- Visitors are encouraged to park in the provided visitor parking areas. In the absence of marked visitor parking, Visitors may park in non-reserved Student or Faculty/Staff spaces. Visitors should specifically avoid parking in reserved spaces such as: Student parking in the 5th Street Garage (above the 2nd floor), Hall Director, Maintenance, Faculty In Residence, etc.
- To familiarize yourself with the campus, click HERE to access a campus map.
Can vendors still register for the Christmas on 5th Marketplace?
- Registration has now closed. More information can be found HERE.
Have an additional question about Christmas on 5th?
- Let's connect! Please direct program questions to Jordy_Dickey@baylor.edu.
After celebrating virtually in 2020, Christmas on 5th Street was back in all its glory this year to usher in the most wonderful time of the year! Check out 2021 highlights HERE & 2022 highlights HERE.